GOOD OFFICES COMMITTEETM
The Federation of
Publishers' & Booksellers' Association in
84, Second Floor, Darya Ganj, (Opp. Cambridge Primary School) New Delhi-110002
Phones : 23272845 Fax: 23281227
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS OF SUPPLIES TO LIBRARIES AND INSTITUTIONS BY BOOKSELLERS
AS DECIDED IN MEETING NO. 245/2020
Conversion rates for books and journals:
conversion rates effective
Notes: (1) Fixed Conversion Rates between the Euro, and Deutsche Mark, French Frank, Italian Lira, and Dutch Guilder (furnished by Nationalised Bank) are as under:
EUR = 1.95583
(2) Fixed Conversion Rates between the Euro and Danish Kroner and Norwegian Kroner for all transactions:
EUR = 8.48
(3) Fixed Conversion Rates between the
TERMS OF SUPPLY: BOOKS
(i) In order to bring about a uniformity of GOC recommended conversion rates, library discount and standardisation in the terms of supply, the Librarians are advised to deal only with the members of State and national level book trade associations and federations.
(ii) Books on approval should be finalised/returned within 30 days. The payment for the books approved should be made within 60 days of the receipt of the bill. The bill is to be raised by the supplier at the conversion rate prevailing on the date when the books are finally selected by the librarians for purchase.
(iii) Payment of outstation suppliers should preferably be made through bank drafts, after deducting bank charges.
(iv) The Supplier shall append the following declaration on the bills:-
(a) Only latest editions have been supplied and these are not remainder titles.
(b) Income Tax Permanent Account No. (PAN) of the supplier must be provided.
(c) The prices have been correctly charged in accordance with the Publisher's/Importer's/Distributors' Invoices and Publishers' catalogues.
(v) The order placed by the libraries will be usually valid for six months unless otherwise mutually agreed upon by the library and the supplier.
(vi) All books in English, Hindi and other Regional languages, whether of Indian origin with the exception of those covered by the following special categories, will carry a uniform discount of 10% of the published prices in respect of Indian or converted into Rupee prices in the case of imported titles.
(vii) Central and State Government publications-No. discount.
(viii) Short/No discount titles procured from abroad against specific order or Indian Publications. The importer or the library supplier is expected to work on a margin of 15% on net landed cost. The invoice is to be prepared on the following terms:
Published price minus (-) discount earned plus (+) 15% handling charges plus (+) actual freight, clearance, bank and postal charges, Documentary evidence to be submitted by the supplier to the library on demand.
TERMS OF SUPPLY: JOURNALS
1. No Discount
2. Conversion rates as per latest GOC Circular
3. Bills to remain valid for 60 days from the date of invoice. All payments not made within the 60 days validity of the bills will be subject to change as per the new conversion rates prevailing on the date of receipt of payment.
4. Supplementary bills shall not be raised if the bills are paid in 60 days, except when subscription rate is changed by the publisher and revised rate is paid by the supplier. Such a revised rate shall be paid by the librarian on production of documentary evidence.
5. Full advance payment to be made against all journal bills. Bills to be accompained with price proof, if required by the Institute.
6. Claims for missing journals to be made within 90 days of the publication of the issue in case if it is supplied directly by the publisher.
In case of delivery from the agent the supply will be reviewed every quarter between the library and the agent.
Claims for missing issues of journals should be settled within
8. The subscription agent will remit the full subscription to the publisher within 30 days from the date of receipt of Details of the full payment made to the publisher may be intimated to the subscriber within the next fortnight with documentary evidence.
9. The supply of journal should start within 100 days from the date of payment unless there are special reasons for not doing so.
10. Journal orders to be placed on subscription agents as approved by the GOC.